August 15, 1963 |
Framingham, MA, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
|Played for||Pittsburgh Penguins
Tampa Bay Lightning
Minnesota North Stars
|NHL Draft||43rd overall, 1983
Peter Anthony Taglianetti (born August 15, 1963) is an American former NHL defenseman and former college hockey coach at Washington & Jefferson College. He is the father of Pittsburgh Panthers football player Andrew Taglianetti and former Pitt football player, Jon. The boys are twins. and is also a former Pittsburgh Penguins broadcaster.
Awards and honors
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||1983–84|
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||1983–84|
|All-Hockey East First Team||1984–85|
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||1984–85|
|Hockey East All-Tournament Team||1985|||
|Stanley Cup Championship (Pittsburgh)||1991|
|Stanley Cup Championship (Pittsburgh)||1992|
Taglianetti was one of several professional athletes who participated in the Yokozuna Bodyslam Challenge on board the USS Intrepid on July 4, 1993. Taglianetti attempted to lift the 568 lb. Yokozuna, but could not get the wrestler to leave his feet.
- "Coaching Staff". Washington & Jefferson College.
- "Former Penguin proud of football-playing son". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. November 22, 2008.
- "2013-14 Hockey East Media Guide". Hockey East. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- ProWrestlingHistory.com: Miscellaneous Events
- Sullivan, Kevin. The WWE Championship: A Look Back at the Rich History of the WWE Championship. Simon and Schuster, 2010, p. 116