|Born||Peter Robert Voser
29 August 1958
|Alma mater||Zurich University of Applied Sciences|
|Title||CEO of Royal Dutch Shell|
|Term||July 2009–December 2013|
|Predecessor||Jeroen van der Veer|
|Successor||Ben van Beurden|
Board member of
|Roche Holding AG|
Peter Robert Voser (born 29 August 1958) was CEO of Royal Dutch Shell plc from July 2009 to December 2013. He started his career at Royal Dutch Shell in 1982, working in a number of finance and business roles in different countries. In 2004, he was appointed Shell’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and then CEO in July 2009.
From 2002 to 2004, Voser was CFO and an Executive Committee Member of the Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Group of Companies. Voser is active in a number of international and bilateral organisations, including the European Round Table of Industrialists and The Business Council. He became a Director of Catalyst in 2010, a non-profit organisation working to build inclusive environments and expand opportunities for women at work. In 2011, he joined the Board of Directors of leading Swiss healthcare research company Roche. On 2 May 2013, it was announced that Voser will retire from the company in the first half of 2014.
Royal Dutch Shell paid former chief executive Peter Voser £22m in his last years 2012-2013 through share awards and other performance-related bonuses while the company failed to perform well. Voser was responsible for the controversial projects of the US oil shale lands, the Niger Delta and the Arctic oil exploration.
- "Peter Voser". European CEO. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Peter R. Voser: Executive proflie and biography". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "ROYAL DUT ADR'B' : ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC - CEO Peter Voser to retire in 2014". 4 Traders. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Peter Voser biography at Shell.com
- International Students’ Committee, Changes in the Board of Trustees, retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Former Shell chief paid £22m over two years despite profit warning Annual report reveals how Peter Voser made enormous gains through share awards and other performance-related bonuses, The Guardian 13 March 2014
- European Round Table of Industrialists - Members
- Catalyst: Boards
- Roche announces change in Board of Directors
- Peter Voser entry on Roche Board of Directors
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Voser.|
- Meet Shell’s new CEO- Fortune magazine interview (8 Jul 2009)
- Delivering energy through innovation - interview (10 Jan 2011)
- Shell CEO keeps foot on accelerator - interview (14 Jun 2010)
- I’m open to critics but I have a business to run - interview (2 May 2013)