Petr Mitrichev after winning the Facebook Hacker Cup 2011
|Native name||Пётр Митричев|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University|
Petr Mitrichev is a Russian sport programmer who won multiple major international competitions. His accomplishments include gold (2000, 2002) and silver (2001) medals in the IOI, gold medals (2003, 2005) in the ACM ICPC World Finals as part of the team of Moscow State University and winning Google Code Jam (2006), the TopCoder Open (2006, 2013), the TopCoder Collegiate Challenge (2006, 2007), Facebook Hacker Cup (2011, 2013) as well as numerous national and online contests. He has achieved the highest rating ever among the Algorithm competitors of TopCoder.com and consistently ranks in the top two of the world, currently being the world leader as of April 10, 2013. He is also the third highest rated coder in the competitive programming website Codeforces.com as of April 10, 2013. He currently works at Google, where he works on the search engine and helps to prepare Code Jam.
Petr Mitrichev was born in 1985 in Moscow. At the age of 10, he started reading a lot of mathematical books and discovered that he had a special interest towards math. He soon became fond of solving mathematical problems and puzzles. His teacher, Julia Lvovna Vorontsova noticed his keen interest in programming and invited him to attend the Computer Science Olympiad of the Northwestern District of Moscow, where he took fourth place, which qualified him for the Moscow programming Olympiad. At that same Moscow programming olympiad in 1997, Petr took sixth place. He participated in six all-Russian programming olympiads for high school students, and won three of them - in 2000, 2001 and 2002. He also participated in six summer training camps and five winter training camps for the Russian IOI team`.
- Mitrichev boasts an unprecedented 100+ wins in Single Round Matches at TopCoder as of November 5, 2013.
- In 2013 he won MemSQL start[c]up.
- In 2011 and 2013 he won Russian Code Cup.
- In 2011 and 2013 he won Facebook Hacker Cup.
- In 2011 he won Yandex.Algorithm.
- In 2011 and 2013 his team won the Internet Problem Solving Contest.
- He won the TopCoder Collegiate Challenge in 2006 and 2007.
- He won the Google Code Jam in 2006 after placing third in 2005.
- Two times Runner up in ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest World Finals.
- He won Gold medal in International Olympiad in Informatics twice, in 2000 and 2002, and Silver medal in 2001.
- He won the all-Russian Olympiad in Informatics in 2000, 2001 and 2002.
- He won the TopCoder Open in 2006 and 2013
- International Science Olympiad
- ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest
- Central European Olympiad in Informatics
- Online judge
- Gennady Korotkevich
- Google Announces Winner of Global Code Jam 2006
- Russian, US and Indonesian Programmers Win $150,000 TopCoder Open Sponsored By AMD in Las Vegas
- Russia's nicka81 and Petr, China's PE Triumph at TopCoder Collegiate Challenge in San Diego
- Students from Russian Federation, China, Indonesia and United States Win 2007 TopCoder Collegiate Challenge
- Ruskie Java coder lifts inaugural Facebook Hacker Cup
- TopCoder Top Ranked Algorithm Competitors
- List of users in order of rating
- In the Olympics of Algorithms, a Russian Keeps Winning Gold
- Dashboard - Round 3 2012
- TopCoder Feature Articles
- TopCoder Statistics
- Celebrating the MemSQL startcup Finals
- Russian Code Cup 2011
- Russian Code Cup 2013
- Facebook Hacker Cup
- Competitions — Yandex Summer School
- TopCoder Statistics