|Born||December 1988 (age 24–25)
Westminster, London, England
|Occupation||Heiress, model, fashion designer, socialite|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Spouse(s)||James Stunt (m. 2011)|
|Children||Lavinia Stunt (born 2013)|
|Relatives||Tamara Ecclestone (sister)|
Petra Ecclestone (born December 1988) is a British-Croatian heiress, model, fashion designer and socialite, the younger daughter of Croatian former Armani model Slavica and English Formula One billionaire Bernie Ecclestone. She has an older sister, Tamara and an older paternal half-sister, Deborah. She speaks Croatian fluently and understands French and Italian.
Ecclestone was born in Westminster, London, in December 1988. She attended Trevor-Roberts School, then Francis Holland School, a girls' school, in London. She reportedly won a place at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, but never took up the offer.
She contracted viral meningitis at the age of 14, and told the media that it "changed her life forever." She said "I no longer take my health for granted. ... I’m now a health freak and a hypochondriac. I’m obsessed with cleanliness, I eat healthily and take my vitamins." She has since become an ambassador for the Meningitis Trust.
At the age of 19, Eccelstone created the menswear label FORM, which was sold into retailers including Harrods from October 2008. In April 2009 it was announced that Ecclestone had signed a contract with the Croatian clothing manufacturer Siscia. After she reportedly grew "tired of the grind of having to oversee the range", Form collapsed into administration 14 months after start-up, before being liquidated.
Ecclestone dated entrepreneur James Stunt for four years before they married on 27 August 2011 at Odescalchi Castle near Rome, at an event attended by royals, socialites and celebrities. The wedding reportedly cost £12 million and the bride's Vera Wang dress £80,000. In February 2013, Petra gave birth to their daughter; Lavinia Stunt, in England.
In July 2011 Ecclestone purchased The Manor, in the Holmby Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, for $85 million, with $82.4 million borrowed from her mother. It had been on the market for two years with an asking price of $150 million, making it the most expensive residential real estate listing in the US. The 57,000-square-foot (5,300 m2) mansion was the former home of Aaron and Candy Spelling, and is the largest residence in Los Angeles County.
- Perry, Tasmina (12 October 2008). " Christmas". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- "My secret life: Petra Ecclestone, fashion designer, 19". The Independent. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- ""England & Wales Births"". Findmypast. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Driving force: Petra Ecclestone". TLondon Evening Standard. 8 October 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Boshoff, Alison (18 June 2011). "Petra Ecclestone, the girl whose full-time job is spending Daddy's billions". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- Julie Cross, "Petra Ecclestone: I wanted to die: Turning point: when Petra Ecclestone contracted viral meningitis at the age of 14 it changed her life forever," The Times, 30 March 2010. Times online. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Vernon, Polly (7 June 2009). "Polly Vernon on Petra Ecclestone, the heiress who works for a living". The Guardian (London).
- "Siscia Will Produce Clothing by Petra Ecclestone". Javno. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Thompson, Jody (25 January 2011). "'I keep my eveningwear in the dressing room next door': Petra Ecclestone attempts to defend her privileged lifestyle... but doesn't do very well". Daily Mail (London).
- Billionairess Petra Ecclestone's accessories line Stark to launch at New York Fashion Week http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2033211/Billionairess-Petra-Ecclestones-accessories-line-Stark-launch-New-York-Fashion-Week.html
- 1 September 2011 (1 September 2011). "Petra Ecclestone's Fast Lane". WWD. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "£12m wedding was worth every penny" Daily Mail. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- It's Official! Candy Spelling's Closing Price: $85 Million AOL Real Estate. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "It's not just daddy who's got a healthy bank balance... Petra Ecclestone borrows a cool $82.4 million from her mummy" Daily Mail Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Candy Spelling's Holmby Hills mansion listed for $150 million" Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 June 2011.