Petrie Terrace, Queensland
|Location||2 km (1 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane|
|State electorate(s)||Brisbane Central|
Petrie Terrace is an inner-city suburb and major thoroughfare in Brisbane, Australia. It is less than 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) west of the Brisbane General Post Office. The precinct is bordered to the west by Hale Street and to the east by Countess Street. Its northern boundary is Musgrave Road and its southern is Milton Road.
The Albert Park Flexi School is the only school actually in Petrie Terrace. Otherwise, children in the area attend a number of schools in the surrounding suburbs including the Petrie Terrace State School in Paddington and boys' and girls' grammar schools in Spring Hill.
Petrie Terrace has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- 15-17 Caxton Street: Baroona Labor Hall
- 1 Hale Street: Baroona Special School
- 69 Hale Street: La Boite Theatre (building)
- 25-61 Petrie Terrace: Petrie Terrace Police Depot (former)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Petrie Terrace (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Petrie Terrace (entry 46582)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Baroona Labor Hall (entry 15052)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Baroona Special School (entry 15053)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "La Boite Theatre (entry 16992)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Petrie Terrace Police Depot (former) (entry 16630)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Media related to Petrie Terrace, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|