Member companies joined together with PetroSkills to create detailed skill and competency maps, which act as a guide for the short courses, taught to industry professionals in locations spanning the globe. The competency maps compromise specific details about the technical skills professionals in a given discipline are expected to develop at different stages throughout their career.
2002 Saudi Aramco became a full member of the PetroSkills Alliance
2003 Occidental Petroleum also known as OXY joined the PetroSkills Alliance.
2005 Marathon Oil became a PetroSkills Alliance member.
2007 Swift Energy and Pertamina joined the PetroSkills Alliance.
- "Competent workers across the entire oil and gas value chain are essential". Oil & Gas Inquirer. September 2011. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Accelerating Technical Competency Development to Meet Future Challenges: The Saudi Aramco Approach". 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "Company Overview of PetroSkills LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- "Training". Halliburton. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Marino, Jonathan (2010-09-29). "BV Investment Partners Recaps PetroSkills". Mergers & Acquisitions (Themiddlemarket.com). Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- "Company Overview: PetroSkills?". RigZone.com. Retrieved 2012-11-12.