PetroSkills Alliance is an initiative formed between oil and gas companies and PetroSkills to help in the creation and management of controlling factors of the courses provided by PetroSkills. Member companies joined together with PetroSkills to create detailed skill and competency maps, which act as a guide for the short courses, taught to industry professionals in locations spanning the globe. The competency maps compromise specific details about the technical skills professionals in a given discipline are expected to develop at different stages throughout their career.
2002 Saudi Aramco became a full member of the PetroSkills Alliance
2003 Occidental Petroleum also known as OXY joined the PetroSkills Alliance.
2005 Marathon Oil became a PetroSkills Alliance member.
2007 Swift Energy and Pertamina joined the PetroSkills Alliance.
- "Competent workers across the entire oil and gas value chain are essential". Oil & Gas Inquirer. September 2011. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Accelerating Technical Competency Development to Meet Future Challenges: The Saudi Aramco Approach". 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "Company Overview of PetroSkills LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- "Training". Halliburton. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Marino, Jonathan (2010-09-29). "BV Investment Partners Recaps PetroSkills". Mergers & Acquisitions (Themiddlemarket.com). Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- "Company Overview: PetroSkills?". RigZone.com. Retrieved 2012-11-12.