Petru NEGURĂ is lecturer at “Ion Creangă” State Pedagogical University in Chișinău. He helds his Ph.D. in Sociology from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (Paris). Petru Negură was invited scholar / lecturer at the Ecole Doctorale en Sciences Sociales of Bucharest (EDSS, the University of Bucharest), at the EHESS, Paris, and University of California, Berkeley (CASE Program, Carnegie Foundation’s scholarship, and Fulbright visiting scholar). From 2010 to 2013, Petru Negură was country coordinator of the Academic Fellowship Program (Open Society Foundations / HESP) in Moldova. From 2011, he is the director of the PLURAL Forum in Social Sciences, based in Chișinău. He is also co-founder and co-editor of platzforma.md, an independent outlet of critical thinking and social analysis. He authored tens of academic articles for regional and international academic journals and a book (Ni héros, ni traîtres. Les écrivains moldaves face au pouvoir soviétique sous Staline, Paris, L’Harmattan, 2009, and, in Romanian translation, at Cartier, Chișinău, 2014). His current research topics are the sociology / social history of intellectuals in Eastern Europe and the former USSR, the sociology / social history of public education in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, the sociology / social history of the social welfare services in the USSR and post-Soviet Moldova.
- Petru Negura's personal blog
- The Doctoral Seminar in Social Sciences PLURAL
- P. Negura's book Ni héros, ni traîtres. Les écrivains moldaves face au pouvoir soviétique sous Staline, 2009, on L'Harmattan publishing house site
- Petru Negura's book Nici eroi, nici trădători. Scriitorii moldoveni şi puterea sovietică în epoca stalinistă, Chişinău, Cartier, 2014.
- The independent outlet of critical thinking and social analysis platzforma.md (based in Chisinau, Moldova).
- Petru Negura's main publications (on academia.edu).