8 September 1969
Hegre studied at the Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara and worked in New York with Richard Avedon before returning to Europe. He went on to publish six books and have his work exhibited internationally. After living in Paris and Algarve, Portugal, as of 2013, Hegre is based in Barcelona.
The widest exposure of Hegre's works has been with his website Hegre-Archives launched in 2002. The name of the website was changed to Hegre-Art by December 2005.
On 5 August 2004, Hegre launched 'The New Nude' which was published by Global Media Publishing.
2001 - Photographer of the Year 2001 award at the 8th annual Erotic Prizes.
- Marketa, 2006: foreword by Clifford Thurlow (featuring Markéta Bělonohá)
- 100 Nude Models, 2006
- 100 Naked Girls, 2004: foreword by Clifford Thurlow
- Wild Shaven Angel, 2003 (featuring Vilita Monkute)
- Luba, 2003: foreword by Jack Gilbert (featuring Luba Shumeyko)
- Russian Lolita, 2002 (featuring Katya Mitina)
- My Wife, 2000 (featuring Svanborg Þórisdóttir)
- My Book, 2000