The Peugeot ROA is an Iranian made car (by Iran Khodro Co). It is a developed version of the Peugeot RD 1600. The car is a combination of Paykan and Peugeot 405. Upon first glance it may easily be mistaken for a Peugeot 405. However the engine and chassis are completely different as it is developed on the Paykan's chassis, and despite having a body based on the Peugeot 405 it is a rear-wheel-drive car.
the new model (2010): A developed model with a 1,700 cc CNG engine.
the old model used a modified version of the Paykan's 1.6-litre engine is a modified version of the Paykan 1600.
The engine specifications are as follows:
- Engine type: Inline-four-cylinder; four-stroke; 1,599 cc (1,696 cc)
- No. of bearings: 5
- Bore: 87.3 cm (1700)
- Stroke: 66.7 mm (1700)
- Cylinder head: Aluminum
- Engine block: Cast iron
- Maximum power: 61 kW at 5,000 rpm (1700)
- Maximum torque: 135 Nm at 3,000 rpm (1700)
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1 (1700)
- Ignition sequence: 1-3-4-2
- Peugeot Roa users' manual, Iran Khodro Co.