P. F. Chang's China Bistro
Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.
|Headquarters||7676 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S. 85255
|Number of locations||204 (2012)|
|Key people||Richard L. Federico
(CEO/Chairman of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc.)
|Products||Asian American cuisine|
|Footnotes / references
P. F. Chang's is an Asian-themed US casual dining restaurant chain owned and operated by Centerbridge Partners and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. As of October 2014, P. F. Chang's operated 204 restaurants in the United States and 56 in international markets under licensee agreements. Countries include Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Turkey, Lebanon, Philippines and the Middle East . It is the largest full service, casual dining Asian restaurant chain in the United States with locations across the country.
The chain was founded in 1993 by Paul Fleming and Philip Chiang. The first restaurant was opened at the Scottsdale Fashion Square in Scottsdale, Arizona. In 1993, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. was formed from the acquisition of the original four bistro restaurants. On July 2, 2012 Centerbridge Partners completed the purchase of P.F. Changs China Bistro and the company is no longer publicly held.
In 2010, "P.F. Chang's Home Menu" was introduced. The brand represents a group of frozen appetizers and meals that are sold under license by Unilever. ConAgra Foods, Inc. acquired the P.F. Chang's Home Menu license from Unilever in August 2012.
Data Security Breach
On June 10, 2014 the United States Secret Service alerted P.F. Chang's about a possible security breach involving credit and debit card data possibly stolen from as many as 33 P.F. Chang's China restaurants located in the continental United States. P.F. Chang's is offering its customers who have used credit or debit cards in-store in the previous eight months a free “fraud alert” with their bank.
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. (January 1, 2012). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Chef's Corner, Recipes and Tutorials". P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "FAQs". P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Products". Unilever. 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "P.F. Chang's Lauded for Gluten-Free Menu Items". Chainleader.com. Retrieved September 20, 2009. (subscription required)
- "P.F. Chang's Modifies Its Partnership Accounting".