Marr received a Ph.D. in Middle Eastern history from Harvard University and a master's in Middle East studies from Radcliffe College.
Dr. Marr is currently on the Board of Directors at the Middle East Policy Council, a Washington, D.C. based organization that seeks to educate American citizens and policy-makers about Middle East issues and Islam.
- Iraq's Refugee and IDP Crisis: Human Toll and Implications Middle East Institute
- Iraq's New Political Map, Special Report (January 2007)
- Who Are Iraq's New Leaders? What Do They Want?, Special Report (March 2006)
- Democracy in the Rough, Current History, January 2006 (PDF).
- The Modern History of Iraq (revised edition, 2012).
- Egypt at the Crossroads: Domestic Stability and Regional Rule, editor and contributor (1999).
- Riding the Tiger: The Middle East After the Cold War, editor and contributor (1993).
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|