Phi Delta Kappa
Phi Delta Kappa Fraternity, International (also known as "PDK" or "PDK International") is an US professional organization for educators. Its headquarters are located in Bloomington, Indiana. It was founded on 24 January 1906. 
According to the organization’s website, “The mission of Phi Delta Kappa International is to promote high-quality education, in particular publicly supported education, as essential to the development and maintenance of a democratic way of life. This mission is accomplished through leadership, research, and service in education
PDK is governed by an International Board, who are elected by professional PDK members. Each geographic region of PDK elects its own regional board member to serve on the international board. Regions contain chapters and elected chapter officers who act to further the mission of the association. The association abides by the Constitution and Bylaws of PDK International.
Kappan is a professional journal for education, published by Phi Delta Kappa Fraternity, International, since 1915. It deals with policy and issues for educators at all levels, and advocates "research-based school reform."
EDge is PDK’s bimonthly magazine that focuses on topics of interest to “superintendents, principals, curriculum supervisors, specialists, and classroom teachers.”
Classroom Tips is a one-page publication that contains ideas for how K-12 teachers can create positive change in their classrooms.
PDK’s initiatives include the annual Chalk WalkSM and the Future Educators Association. The goal of the Chalk WalkSM is to raise funds “to generate great teachers for the future while honoring great teachers of the past and present.” PDK also sponsors the Future Educators Association (FEA). FEA is an international organization that supports middle and high school students interested in education-related careers. Through affiliation with local chapters that are registered with the international office, FEA members are presented with scholarship opportunities, as well as age-appropriate materials and activities that help them gain a realistic understanding of the nature of education and the role of the teacher. Additionally, PDK, International is a major participant in Jumpstart's Read for the Record program, which promotes literacy by encouraging adults and students all over the world to read the same book on the same day. The association also offers international trips for educators who want to observe education systems in other countries.
- Donovan R. Walling, KAPPAN SPECIAL REPORT: Phi Delta Kappa at the Threshold. Phi Delta Kappan, Vol. 87, No. 05, January 2006, pp.K1-K8.
- "Join PDK". PDK International. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Mission and Beliefs". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.[dead link]
- "Constitution and Bylaws". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.[dead link]
- "Phi Delta Kappan". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "EDge Magazine". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Classroom Tips – Timely Advice for Classroom Teachers". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Chalk Walk". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- Future Educators Association
- "Read for the Record". PDK International. Retrieved 2009-04-13.[dead link]