|Full name||Philip Christopher Bolland|
|Date of birth||26 August 1976|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:22, 12 May 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Philip Christopher "Phil" Bolland (born 26 August 1976) is an English footballer, who plays as a centre back. He is currently at Halifax Town. Prior to that he played for Barrow AFC in the Conference National.
Bolland has enjoyed two spells at Chester City, having signed from Peterborough United in the summer of 2006 – just a few months after he'd moved in the opposite direction. Mark Wright has managed him at the four clubs he has been in charge of, namely Southport, Oxford, Chester and Peterborough. Bolland had earlier played in non-league football for clubs including Altrincham, Salford City, Trafford and Knowsley United.
Bolland struggled to stake a place in the first-team side at Chester under new manager Bobby Williamson in 2007–08, making just three appearances. He spent time on trial with Wrexham and it was announced in December 2007 he was no longer part of Chester's plans.
On 8 January 2008 it was announced Bolland had been released by Chester and he quickly agreed terms with Wrexham. He was released by Wrexham in May 2008 following the club's relegation to the Football Conference and signed for Cambridge United on 31 July 2008 where he would be reunited with former teammates Gary Brabin and Paul Carden, manager and assistant manager of the Conference side. He spent one season at Cambridge, before signing for Barrow AFC, also of the Conference National.
Bolland won the FA Trophy with Barrow in the 2009–10 season. In May 2011 he was offered a new contract by Barrow and became the club captain. He had a full further season at Barrow, but was released at the end of the 2011–12 season, having played over 100 league matches for the club. He then joined Droylsden.
- FA Trophy winners: 2009–10
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream Publishing. p. 229. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- Steve Whitney (1997). The Ultimate Book of Non League Players: 1997–98. p. 35. ISBN 0-9531258-0-7.
- "Five for Sale". Liverpool Daily Post. 28 December 2007. Retrieved 28 December 2007.
- "Duo Released". Chester City Official Website. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 8 January 2008.
- "Roberts and Llewellyn leave Reds". BBC Sport. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- "Centre Half to join United". cambridgeunited.com. 31 July 2008. Retrieved 31 July 2008.
- "Barrow swoop for defender Bolland". BBC Sport. 9 July 2009. Retrieved 9 July 2009.
- "Forrest, Goodfellow and Masters released by Barrow". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 6 May 2011. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Barrow AFC Release Five Players". North-West Evening Mail. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phil Bolland.|