|Birth name||Phillip Andrew Burton|
|Born||13 March 1974|
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Associated acts||Human Nature
With Human Nature, he has won an ARIA Music Award for Reach Out - The Motown Album.
Phil Burton grew up in Sydney, New South Wales and studied at Hurlstone Agricultural High School where he met Toby Allen and Andrew Tierney. The three were in the same year level and worked in the school productions of Godspell and Grease. They formed a band named, 4Trax, and performed for the first time in 1989 at a schools' combined concert singing "Earth Angel".
With Human Nature, Burton has won a 'Highest Selling Album' ARIA Music Award for Reach Out - The Motown Album im 2006. As from 2009, the band has had 16 ARIA nominations. During 2009, the band performed in Las Vegas at the Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino. They returned to Australia in November and performed with Smokey Robinson at the Wyndham Estate in the Hunter Region in December.
- Nimmervoll, Ed. "Human Nature". Howlspace – The Living History of Our Music (Ed Nimmervoll). White Room Electronic Publishing Pty Ltd. Archived from the original on 27 July 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- McFarlane 'Human Nature' entry. Retrieved 21 February 2010.
- Spencer et al, (2007) Human Nature entry. Retrieved 21 February 2010.
- "ARIA Awards 2009: History: Winners by Artist: Human Nature". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- Simons, Polly (12 November 2009). "Human Nature are as big as it gets in Vegas". The Manly Daily (News Community Media (News Corporation)). Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Whammo Homepage". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Retrieved 6 June 2010. Note: Archived [on-line] copy has limited functionality.
- Spencer, Chris; Zbig Nowara, Paul McHenry with n otes by Ed Nimmervoll (2002) . The Who's Who of Australian Rock. Noble Park, Vic.: Five Mile Press. ISBN 1-86503-891-1. Note: [on-line] version established at White Room Electronic Publishing Pty Ltd in 2007 and was expanded from the 2002 edition.