Lester in 2014.
|Born||Philip Michael Lester
30 January 1987 
Rawtenstall, England, United Kingdom
|Known for||Vlogging, presenting|
|Home town||Rawtenstall, England, United Kingdom|
|Web alias(es)||AmazingPhil, LessAmazingPhil|
Philip Michael "Phil" Lester (born 30 January 1987) is an English YouTube vlogger and radio personality from Rawtenstall, Lancashire. He presents a Sunday night entertainment show for BBC Radio 1 with Dan Howell.
Lester currently lives with close friend and fellow video blogger Dan Howell in London. He completed a degree in English Language and Linguistics and then a post graduate in the Department of Theatre, Film and Television, going on to obtain a Master of Arts in Video Postproduction with Specialisation in Visual Effects at the University of York.
At age 19, Lester posted his first YouTube vlog. Since then he has posted over 150 videos on his channel and as of August 2014 has over 1.9 million subscribers with over 127 million video views, reaching 1 million YouTube subscribers on 6 July 2013. He is part of the Fantastic Foursome, a group of British YouTubers consisting of himself, Chris Kendall (crabstickz), Dan Howell (danisnotonfire) and PJ Liguori (KickthePj).
Lester has appeared alongside Howell in Benjamin Cook's twelve part web series Becoming YouTube, being interviewed on the various topics Cook covered. He is also confirmed to be in the second series.
Lester collaborated with YouTubers CharlieSkies and SarahGrace in early 2009 on a channel called pabloislove, but the collaboration ended after only a short time and now appears on YouTube under the name 'It Was Fun While it Lasted'.
The Super Amazing Project
Lester and Howell created a collaborative YouTube channel through network My Damn Channel, called The Super Amazing Project, in which the duo discussed and investigated paranormal events. Segments included "Viewers Spooky Happenings" where the audience of the show would send in "scary" items for the vloggers to react to. As of August 2014, the channel has obtained over 570,000 subscribers and over 21 million video views.
In December 2012, the YouTube show finished its third season of 12 episodes. It is currently on hiatus, with some elements incorporated into their BBC radio show.
The BBC announced that starting in January 2013, Lester and Howell would present the Sunday night entertainment and request show for national UK radio station BBC Radio 1. Both had occasionally worked with Radio 1 before, making videos for the station's YouTube channel and presenting two Christmas broadcasts.
The show is designed to be an interactive, audio-visual broadcast involving music videos made by viewers, physical challenges performed on air by Howell and Lester, and song requests from listeners. The show is streamed in video, live on the BBC Radio 1 website.
Lester was interviewed with other internet entertainers on Channel 4 News in October 2012 about the increased popularity of YouTube and video blogging as a profession.
Awards and nominations
In 2013, Lester was voted Sugarscape's hottest lad by readers of the magazine. 
- "Twitter / AmazingPhil: Awr so many Happy Birthday's". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- "York student stars in confused.com advert". Nouse. 2009-01-20. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- "AmazingPhil v DanIsNotOnFire: Cadbury World Record Coin Stacking". YouTube. Cadbury. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "AmazingPhil". YouTube. 2006-02-07. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- KickThePj (2012-12-20). "Foursome Twister". Youtube. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- door The Super Amazing Project (2011-09-26). "The Super Amazing Project". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "BBC Radio 1". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Radio Times". Radio Times. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Radio 1 Greg James - 27/02/2013". BBC. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Daniel Ashby November 9th, 2007 (2007-11-09). "Student star to appear on Weakest Link". The Yorker. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Katie Razzall (2012-10-20). "The rise of the vloggers - Channel 4 News". Channel4.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Dan and Phil win a Sony Radio Academy Award all suited up - pics". Sugarscape. 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2013-10-13.