11 December 1969 |
Littlebourne, Kent, England
|Notable credit(s)||Location, Location, Location
Phil Spencer was the original founder of Garrington Home Finders Ltd, a property search company he created in 1996. He is an active property investor and landlord. He is director and shareholder of Raise The Roof Productions, the largest independent production company in Scotland and one of Channel 4's biggest suppliers of program content.
Spencer has maintained his reputation as a UK property expert and in early 2010, Spencer partnered with co-host Kirstie Allsopp and launched a new independent production company called ‘Raise the Roof’, with colleagues from IWC Media.
Spencer has also continued his writing career and in April 2010 his book "Adding Value to Your Home" was published.
How To Buy Your First Home was published in 2011.
On 2 January 2012, he presented a special edition of The Million Pound Drop Live as part of Channel 4's 'Mash Up'. Spencer returned on 15 June 2012, with Kirstie Allsopp, to play the game for their chosen charities. In November 2012 it was announced that Spencer would be the host of The Common Denominator, on Channel 4. He continues to present Location Location Location, Secret Agent and Secret Agent Down Under for Channel 4.
In its three years of business Raise the Roof has become one of the foremost companies in features, factual entertainment and formats in the UK. It is currently the largest truly independent production companies in Scotland and one of Channel 4's biggest suppliers.
Spencer grew up in Littlebourne, Kent and now lives in Wandsworth SW London with his Australian wife, Fiona, and their two sons, Jake and Ben. He is an Ambassador for SOS Children's Villages, Action Medical Research and ChYpps Childrens Hospice at Home. He is a patron of Broadway, a London homelessness charity., Estate Agent Giving and Just Springers Rescue.
- Phil Spencer's biography on Channel4.com
- "Press & Editorial". Garrington Home Finders. Retrieved 27 September 2009.
- School details - Uppingham Guide to Independent Schools
- Phil Spencer's biography TV Lives
- Deans, Jason (15 March 2010). "Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer set up independent production company". guardian.co.uk.
- Markosky, Cheryl (12 April 2010). "Phil Spencer: how to add value to your home". The Telegraph.
- "Channel 4 Commissions The Common Denominator". Endemol Distribution News. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "SOS Children's Celebrity Supporters". SOS Children's Villages. Retrieved 27 September 2009.
- No tenant? What about the homeless? The Independent, 17 October 2010
- Real Lettings, Real Lives Broadway Homelessness and Support, 13 October 2010