||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Born||Phillip Robert Vischer
June 16, 1966
|Occupation||Voice Actor, Puppeteer, Writer, Producer, Director, Songwriter|
|Known for||VeggieTales and JellyTelly|
|Spouse(s)||Lisa Pautz Vischer|
Phillip Robert "Phil" Vischer (born June 16, 1966) is an American voice actor, puppeteer, writer, animator and songwriter known for creating the computer-animated video series VeggieTales with partner and friend Mike Nawrocki. He provides the voice of Bob the Tomato in the series.
Background and career
He attended St. Paul Bible College and got involved with the puppet ministry where he met Mike Nawrocki. Vischer originally wanted to go to film school after bible college but never made it. He ended up working for Amoco and Montgomery Ward as a truckdriver afterwards.
Vischer founded GRAFx Studios 1989 after buying an animation software, the company that dedicated in animating commercials and logos. That same year he animated and directed Mr. Cuke's Screen Test featuring Larry the Cucumber. In early 1993 he teamed up with Mike Nawrocki and started Big Idea Productions (now Big Idea Entertainment).
From 1993 to 2002, Vischer led the company as lead director and writer. In 2003 (after the release of Jonah) Big Idea went bankrupt, and Vischer sold the company to Classic Media and left the company.
In 2005 he started Jellyfish Labs a new creative workshop where he produces faith-based projects. In 2007 Vischer expanded the company by launching JellyTelly. Starting in 2010, Vischer produced What's In The Bible, a direct-to-DVD video series using puppetry and animation to present biblical material using a news-broadcast format and puppet characters.
Vischer still works on VeggieTales as a scriptwriter and voice actor, as well as serving as Big Idea's president under a contract by Classic Media.
He currently lives in Wheaton, Illinois with his wife Lisa and two daughters, Sydney and Shelby, and his son, Jeremy.
"Veggies" voiced by Phil Vischer
- Bob the Tomato
- Archibald Asparagus
- Mr. Lunt
- Jimmy Gourd
- Mr. Nezzer
- Scallion #1
- Pa Grape
- Tom Grape
- Apollo Gourd
- Percy Pea
- Dad Pea
- Cockney Pea #2
Puppets played by Vischer
- Buck Denver
- Captain Pete
- Helen Rosenfiddle
- Sunday School Lady
- Additional characters
Books by Vischer include the following:
- Junior's Colors (1997) ISBN 0-8499-1487-6
- How Many Veggies? (1997) ISBN 0-8499-1488-4
- Pa Grape's Shapes (1997) ISBN 0-8499-1507-4
- Bob & Larry's ABC's (1997) ISBN 0-8499-5986-1
- Archibald's Opposites (1998) ISBN 0-8499-1533-3
- Time for Tom (1998) ISBN 0-8499-1534-1
- A Snoodle's Tale (2004) ISBN 0-310-70751-X
- Sidney & Norman: A Tale of Two Pigs (2006) ISBN 1-4003-0834-8
- Me, Myself, & Bob (2006) ISBN 0-7852-2207-3
- 47 Beavers On the Big Blue Sea (2007) ISBN 1-4003-0836-4
- Where's God When I'm S-Scared? (2007) A First Little Golden Book
- The Ballad of Little Joe (2007) A Second Little Golden Book
- Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space! (2008) A Third Golden Book
- Lyle the Kindly Viking (2008) A Fourth Golden Book with Tim Hodge
- Gideon: Tuba Warrior (2009) A Fifth Golden Book
- King George and the Ducky (2009) A Sixth Golden Book
- Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen (2009) A Seventh Golden Book
- Madame Blueberry (2009) An Eighth Golden Book
- Josh and the Big Wall! (2009) A Ninth Golden Book
- Dave and the Giant Pickle (2009) A Tenth Golden Book
- Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed (2009) An Eleventh Golden Book
- LarryBoy and the Bad Apple (2010) A Twelfth Golden Book
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Phil Vischer|