Phil Walker (footballer)
|Full name||Philip Leonardus Walker|
|Date of birth||29 August 1954|
|Place of birth||London, England|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|?–?||Epsom & Ewell|
|1983||→ Gillingham (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in London, Walker joined Millwall in 1975 having played for non-league sides Epsom & Ewell and Cobham, quickly establishing himself in the centre of the team's midfield. One of the first notable black players in the club's history, he garnered renown as a skilful player with excellent passing; he moved to Charlton Athletic in 1979, and remained there until 1983 when he briefly joined Hong Kong team Eastern AA.
Already aged 30, Walker signed for Portugal's Boavista FC, after spending half-a-season with Leixões S.C. in the same country. He quickly established himself in the starting XI, being first-choice in the vast majority of his seven-year spell.
- "Matchday programme". Hartney Witney FC. 6 December 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Época 1984/85: Primeira Divisão (1984/85 season: First Division); Arquivos da Bola, 24 June 2007 (Portuguese)
- "Técnico Phil Walker quer regressar às vitórias" [Coach Phil Walker wants to return to winning] (in Portuguese). Record. 25 October 2003. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- TotalSoccer profile
- Millwall Hall of Fame profile
- Millwall stats at NeilBrown
- Charlton stats at NeilBrown
- Profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Official website