Philadelphia Municipal Airport
|Philadelphia Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KMPE – FAA LID: MPE|
|Owner||City of Philadelphia|
|Elevation AMSL||458 ft / 140 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Philadelphia Municipal Airport (ICAO: KMPE, FAA LID: MPE) is in Neshoba County, Mississippi. It is owned by the City of Philadelphia and is two miles northwest of town. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a general aviation facility.
Many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, but this airport is MPE to the FAA and has no IATA code. (Griswold Airport in Madison, Connecticut has IATA code MPE.)
In the year ending March 20, 2012 the airport had 13,300 aircraft operations, average 36 per day: 98.5% general aviation and 1.5% military. Eight aircraft were then based at this airport: six single-engine, one multi-engine, and one jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MPE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image as of March 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MPE, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: