Philip K. Allen
|Philip K. Allen|
|Member of the Massachusetts Senate from the 4th Essex District|
|Preceded by||Clifford Cusson|
|Succeeded by||John W. Coddaire, Jr.|
January 3, 1910|
|Died||March 1, 1996
|Alma mater||Yale University|
Philip K. "P.K." Allen (born January 3, 1910 in Walpole, Massachusetts, died March 1, 1996 in Westwood, Massachusetts ) was an American educator and politician who represented the 4th Essex District in the Massachusetts Senate from 1947 to 1949 and served as Chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee from 1961 to 1963.
In 1951 Allen was named executive secretary of the Republican State Committee. From 1953 to 1955 he was the chief clerk of the United States Senate Committee on Armed Services. From 1955 to 1957 he was the executive assistant to Frederick A. Seaton, the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative and Public Affairs.
Allen died on March 1, 1996 in Westwood, Massachusetts.
- 1963–1964 Public Officers of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Long, Tom (March 5, 1996). "Philip K. Allen, 86, former head of Republican State Committee". Boston Globe. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- Election Statistics: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Office of Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. 1948.
- "P. K. Allen Named Secretary of GOP State Committee". Boston Globe. May 8, 1951. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Philip Allen Elected State GOP Chairman". Boston Globe. March 11, 1961. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Favors Brooke Aide". Boston Globe. April 8, 1963. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
|Party political offices|
Daniel E. McLean
|Chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee
Frederic C. Dumaine, Jr.