Philippe Muller is a French cellist.
In 1979 he was appointed Professor of cello at the most prestigious Paris Conservatoire, succeeding his teacher André Navarra. His pupils include Gautier Capuçon, Henri Demarquette, François Salque, Marc Coppey, Emmanuelle Bertrand and Xavier Philips .
Aside from his teaching duties, he is also frequently invited to serve as a jury member for international cello competitions.
- Ravel - Trios and Sonatas (Erato, 1974)
- Stravinsky - Songs (Deutsche Grammophon, 1991)
- Schoenberg - Suite op.29, etc. (Sony Classical, 1993)
- Schoenberg - Serenade, Five Pieces for Orchestra (Sony Classical, 1993)
- Offenbach - Cello Duets (Arion, 1993)
- Telemann - Cantatas & Fantaisies (Adda, 1993)
- Schubert - Trout Quintet, Piano Trio no.1 (Viola, 1996)
- Bach - Les 6 suites pour violoncelle seul (Passavant Music, 2008)
- "Philippe Muller, Cellist". ICS. Retrieved 21 March 2013.