Philippe de Carteret II
Philippe de Carteret II, 3rd Seigneur of Sark (February 18, 1584 – August 22, 1643) was the son of Philippe de Carteret I (1552–1594) and Rachel Poulet (1564–1650).
He married Anne Dowse (d. 1644?). Anne was the daughter of Sir Francis Dowse (d. 1649) of Nether Wallop, Hampshire, and his wife Elizabeth Paulet (d. before 1649). Elizabeth Paulet was a great niece of William Paulet, 1st Marquess of Winchester and a third cousin of Philippe's mother, Rachel Poulet.
Philippe and Anne had seven sons and three daughters:
- Philippe III (c. 1620-1662), who succeeded him, and was father of Philippe de Carteret IV.
- Peyton de Carteret (d. September 1652), drowned with Prince Maurice.
- Zouch de Carteret.
- Gideon de Carteret (d. 1643).
- Francis de Carteret (d. 1693), Attorney-General of Jersey, married Anne Seale (d. abt 1704) and left issue. Among their descendants were General Sir Tomkyns Hilgrove Turner and Bodleian Librarian Bulkeley Bandinel
- Thomas de Carteret.
- Sir Edward de Carteret (d. 1699).
- Elizabeth de Carteret (d. 1697), married her cousin, Sir George Carteret.
- Margaret de Carteret.
- Anne de Carteret (d. 1708), married Rev. Daniel Brevint, Dean of Lincoln (1616-1695).
He died in 1643, being succeeded in the Seigneurie by his son, Philippe (c. 1620-1662).
|Bailiff of Jersey
Philippe de Carteret I
|Seigneur of Sark
Philippe de Carteret III
|This article about a person from Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|