Philippine College of Physicians
|Headquarters||Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines|
Its three main aims are:
- Continuing medical education of internists and other physicians;
- Certification and regulation of the subspecialty of internal medicine;
- Accreditation and certification of the training programs for internal medicine in the Philippines.
An Affiliate Society of Philippine Medical Association (PMA)
The PCP is an affiliate society of the Philippine Medical Association and a member-society of the International Society of Internal Medicine. The College has a total of around 7,000 members composed of fellows, diplomates and affiliate members. The title of Diplomate in Internal Medicine is awarded by the PCP to an internist who has fulfilled all the requirements set by the Philippine Specialty Board of Internal Medicine which administers the certifying examinations annually. The title of Fellow is awarded to a Diplomate in Internal Medicine who has fulfilled the requirements for membership as Fellow in the PCP. Thus, an internist who has satisfactorily passed and fulfilled the requirements of the PCP and having been certified as such, may carry the title Diplomate in Internal Medicine and Fellow of the PCP (FPCP).
Sub-specialties and affiliate societies
The College has fourteen sub-specialties and affiliate societies under it namely:
- Philippine Society of Asthma, Allergology and Immunology
- Philippine College of Chest Physicians
- Philippine Dermatological Society
- Philippine Diabetes Association
- Philippine Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Philippine Society of Gastroenterology
- Philippine Heart Association
- Philippine Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Philippine Society for Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Philippine Society of Nephrology
- Philippine Neurological Association
- Philippine Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Philippine Society of Medical Oncology
- Philippine Rheumatology Association
The College has twelve regional chapters nationwide:
- PCP Northern Luzon Chapter
- PCP Northwestern Luzon Chapter
- PCP Northeastern Luzon Chapter
- PCP Central Luzon Chapter
- PCP Southern Luzon Chapter
- PCP Bicol Chapter
- PCP Western Visayas Negros Occidental Chapter
- PCP Western Visayas Panay Chapter
- PCP Central Visayas Chapter
- PCP Eastern Visayas Chapter
- PCP Northern Mindanao Chapter
- PCP Western Mindanao Chapter
- PCP Southern Mindanao Chapter
As of the present, PCP has formed additional chapters in Metro Manila and other provinces.
- "History". Philippine College of Physicians. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Internal Medicine". Manila Doctors Hospital. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "The Organization at a Glance". Philippine College of Physicians. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Rafael Castillo, MD (February 13, 2009). "The PCP and the Filipino Internist". Philippine Daily Inquirer. PDI, Inc. Retrieved 26 June 2014.