Philippine constitutional plebiscite, 1984
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2007)|
National plebiscite and local plebiscites for the approval of the proposed constitutional amendments and local bills made by the Interim Batasang Pambansa was held January 27, 1984 in the Philippines.
- Creating the Office of the Vice-President of the Philippines
- Abolishing the Executive Committee
- Elections for the Regular Members of Batasang Pambansa by provinces, highly urbanized cities and districts of Metro Manila
- Land grant and urban housing program.
Also were held in certain barangays in Zamboanga del Sur, plebiscite for the creation of a unified barangay.
- The creation of new Bgy. Diampok from Bgy. Shiolan, Kabasalan, Zamboanga del Sur.
The majority of the Filipino people voted YES to the terms and constitutional amendments. All were in favor of the creation of the new municipalities in Zamboanga del Sur. But some boycotted after the assassination of Former Senator and leading opposition leader Benigno Aquino, Jr. in 1983 like Former Senator Jose Diokno.
- Commission on Elections
- Politics of the Philippines
- Philippine elections
- President of the Philippines