National plebscite and local plebscites was held on April 7, 1981 in the Philippines. The plebscite was set to amend the following revisions made by the Interim Batasang Pambansa:
- To amend the Constitution by giving more powers to the President and creating the Executive Committee on succession, new accreditation of political parties, etc., pursuant to BP Blg. 122.
- For the amendment to Articles VII, VIII, IX and Sec. 14 of Art. XIV of the constitution as proposed by the Interim Batasang Pambansa in Resolution Nos. 1, 2 and 3.
Also were held in certain areas the creation of three municipalities in Bohol, South Cotabato and Zamboanga del Norte:
- For the creation of the new municipality of Bien Unido, Bohol, from certain barangays of Alibon and Trinidad, Bohol. Batas Pambansa Blg. 93, dated December 24, 1980.
- For the creation of the new municipality of Sto. Niño, South Cotabato from certain barangays of Banga and Norala, South Cotabato. Batas Pambansa Blg. 90 dated December 23, 1980.
- For the creation of the new municipality of Baliguian, Zamboanga del Norte, from certain Barangays of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte. Batas Pambansa Blg. 101, dated December 27, 1980.
The majority of the Filipino people voted YES to the terms and constitutional amendments. All were in favor of the creation of the new municipalities in Bohol, South Cotabato and Zamboanga del Norte.