|Member of the Florida House of Representatives
from the 108th district
November 26, 1957 |
|Children||Akeem, Malaika, Julien, and Karami|
|Residence||North Miami, Florida|
|Alma mater||University of Massachusetts Boston, B.S., 1982; Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1985|
Brutus graduated from Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn, New York. He got his Bachelor's degree at the University of Massachusetts Boston in 1982 and his J.D. degree from Suffolk University Law School in 1985.
Brutus moved to Florida in 1985. Prior to his election to the Florida House, Brutus was a member of the Miami Community Council from the Third District. In 2006, Brutus did not seek reelection.
Brutus has announced he will run for the seat in the United States House of Representatives currently held by Kendrick Meek. This district needs a leader who understands the community’s needs and is able to implement policies that will advance its priorities. As law practitioner for 22 years, Mr. Brutus has represented clients in the community on a range of issues including: immigration, civil rights violation, discrimination, and foreclosure defense.
- "Race for Meek's seat begins | Naked Politics". Miamiherald.typepad.com. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- FEC letter
- August FEC letter (request for additional info)
- December FEC Letter (request for additional info)
- January FEC Letter (request for additional info)
- February FEC Letter (request for additional info)
- Representative Phillip J. Brutus official Florida House of Representatives site
- Phillip Brutus for U.S. Congress official campaign site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- The Brutus Law Group