|Location||Lopatcong Township / Pohatcong Township, New Jersey, United States|
|Owner||Mason Asset Management|
|No. of stores and services||102|
|No. of anchor tenants||4 (1 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||578,925 square feet (53,783.9 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Phillipsburg Mall is an indoor shopping mall located along U.S. Route 22. Despite its name, the mall is actually located on the border of Lopatcong Township and Pohatcong Township in Warren County, New Jersey, United States, just east of Phillipsburg. It is located on the eastern edge of the Lehigh Valley, the metropolitan area of Allentown, Pennsylvania. The mall features The Bon-Ton, Kohl's, and Sears as its anchor stores, with one vacant anchor last occupied by J. C. Penney.
Crown American first announced Phillipsburg Mall in 1985. The original anchor stores chosen were Bradlees, Sears, and Hess's, then a subsidiary of Crown American. As Bradlees was undergoing store closings at the time, Crown American instead chose to make that anchor space a Kmart. Upon opening in 1989, the mall had Kmart, Hess's (the first location in New Jersey), Sears, and J. C. Penney. The Hess's store was sold to The Bon-Ton in 1994. Gap opened both Gap and Old Navy stores at the mall in 1999. In 2001, Swedish clothing retailer H&M opened its 24th American location at Phillipsburg Mall. Kmart closed its store at Phillipsburg Mall in 2002 as part of bankruptcy proceedings; one year later, the space was sold to Kohl's.
PREIT, who acquired the Crown American portfolio in 2003, sold the mall to Mason Asset Management for $11.5 million in 2013. On January 15, 2014, it was announced that the J. C. Penney store would be closing as part of a plan to close 33 locations nationwide. In addition to this anchor, many stores left the mall in 2013 and 2014, including American Eagle Outfitters, Aéropostale, f.y.e., Gap, PacSun, Christopher & Banks, Deb Shops, and Littman Jewelers.
- "Phillipsburg Mall Fact Sheet" (PDF). PREIT. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "Third Store Is Announced For P'burg Mall". The Morning Call. 21 May 1985. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Phillipsburg Mall Will Have K Mart Instead Of Bradlees". The Morning Call. 25 February 1989. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Phillipsburg Mall Is Instant Hit". The Morning Call. 25 October 1989. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "CROWN AMERICAN REALTY TRUST SHAREHOLDERS APPROVE HESS'S LEASE MODIFICATIONS". PR Newswire. 9 September 1994. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Strut your stuff". The Morning Call. 21 May 1999. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "A Swedish clothier sweeps into town". The Morning Call. 14 October 2001. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "In the red, everything's a blue light special". The Morning Call. 27 May 2002. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Crown American Realty Trust Reports First Quarter FFO of $0.32 Per Share, Up From $0.23 Per Share Last Year on Restated Basis". PR Newswire. 14 May 2003. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Zanki, Tom (January 10, 2013). "Phillipsburg Mall sold to New York firm for $11.5 million". The Express-Times. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "Here's A List Of The J.C. Penney Stores That Are Closing". The Huffington Post. January 15, 2014. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "Phillipsburg Mall struggles to fill stores". The Morning Call. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.