Philly Roller Girls
|Metro area||Philadelphia, PA|
|Teams||Liberty Belles (A)
Independence Dolls (B)
|Venue||Class of 1923 Arena|
The Philly Roller Girls, or PRG, are a women's flat-track roller derby league based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Founded in 2005, the league played their eight season in 2013. The PRG are a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
The Philly Roller Girls league is composed of three home teams: the Broad Street Butchers, the Heavy Metal Hookers, and the Philthy Britches. They also have four additional teams:
Liberty Belles (all-star travel team)
The Liberty Belles are PRG’s all-star travel team and represent the league at the highest level of interleague competition.
The Independence Dolls represent PRG against WFTDA "B" level travel teams, up-and-coming WFTDA "A" level travel teams and non-WFTDA all-star teams. Members of the Independence Dolls serve as alternates for The Liberty Belles. Together, these 30 skaters make up PRG’s International All-Star travel team contingent.
The Block Party represents PRG primarily against regional competitors. Considered a pick-up team, the Block Party is composed of skaters not already skating for the Liberty Belles or Independence Dolls who are interested in additional competitive playing time.
The Cheeseskates is a team limited to first year PRG skaters (fresh meat or transfers).
WFTDA Competitive History
The Liberty Belles Finished Second in the 2013 WFTDA Division 1 playoff tournament in Richmond, Virginia, qualifying them to compete in the 2013 WFTDA Championships. As of September 2013, the Liberty Belles are ranked 14th in the entire WFTDA.
The Liberty Belles Finished Second in the 2012 WFTDA Eastern Regional Tournament, qualifying them to compete in the 2012 WFTDA Championships. Following the 2012 Championships, the Liberty Belles were ranked among the top 10 WFTDA leagues in the world.
The Liberty Belles finished second in the 2011 WFTDA Eastern Regional Tournament, qualifying them to compete in the 2011 WFTDA Championships. Following the 2011 Championships, the Liberty Belles were ranked among the top 8 WFTDA leagues in the world.
In 2009, PRG hosted the WFTDA Championships in Philadelphia, the Philly Roller Girls had a bye in the first round due to their first-place regional seeding. In the second round, the Liberty Belles were defeated in overtime by the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls 128-121, eliminating them from the tournament.
The Liberty Belles finished 3rd overall at the 2008 WFTDA National Tournament in Portland, OR, after a 3rd place finish at the WFTDA East Division Regionals in Madison, WI.
- "D1 Playoffs Richmond, VA". WFTDA. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Current Rankings". WFTDA. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "12/8/2006 WFTDA National Rankings", WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "Current WFTDA Rankings", Derby News Network, October 2007
- "Heartland Havoc", Ohio Rollergirls
- "Derby in Dairyland", Flat Track Stats
- "Tournament Results", Northwest Knockdown
- "Wicked Wheels of the East 2009 Eastern Regionals", WFTDA
- "Declaration of Derby", WFTDA
- "Derby in the Burbs 2010 East Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- "Uproar on the Lakeshore", WFTDA
- Nightmare on 95
- Justice Feelgood Marshall, "Championships Quarterfinal: 1W Oly Bounces 2E Philly, 181-95", Derby News Network, 12 November 2011
- "2012 East Region Playoffs". WTDA. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Beaux, Elle (2 November 2012). "Bout 4: B.ay A.rea D.erby Girls vs Philly Roller Girls". 2012 WFTDA Championships. WFTDA. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
Gotham Girls Roller Derby
|WFTDA Eastern Regional Tournament winners
Gotham Girls Roller Derby