Philosophical Research Society
The Philosophical Research Society (P.R.S.) is an American nonprofit organization founded in 1934, by Manly Palmer Hall, to promote the study of the world's wisdom literature. Its current president is Obadiah S. Harris, Ph.D. Under Dr. Harris, in 2000 PRS created and is doing business as the University of Philosophical Research. The University offers two nationally accredited Master’s programs (M.A. in Consciousness Studies and M.A. in Transformational Psychology) and a newly approved (as of 2014) Bachelor of Arts program in Liberal Studies. All degree programs are online.
PRS offers lectures, films and readings to the public. It maintains a research library of over 50,000 volumes, and also sells and publishes metaphysical and spiritual books, mostly those authored by Hall.
Its headquarters are in Los Angeles, California. The building at 3910 Los Feliz Boulevard in the Los Feliz neighborhood was designed by architect Robert Stacy-Judd and designated as a Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument.
- "Philosophical Research Society Website - President". Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "UPR - About". Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Philosophical Research Society Website - UPR". Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Designated Historic-Cultural Monuments, Los Angeles City Cultural Heritage Commission
- "Los Angeles Times". Retrieved 2014-09-21.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Los Angeles, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|