|Running time||15–20 min.|
|Air dates||June 2, 2007 to present|
Philosophy Bites is a podcast series featuring philosophers being interviewed for about 15–20 minutes on a specific topic. The series is hosted by Nigel Warburton, senior lecturer at the Open University, and David Edmonds and has featured interviews with guests including Barry C. Smith, Simon Blackburn, A.C. Grayling, Martha Nussbaum, Peter Singer, Kwame Anthony Appiah, Michael Dummett, Tzvetan Todorov, David Chalmers and C.A.J. (Tony) Coady. The podcast has been one of the top 20 most downloaded series in the United States and has over twelve million downloads.
Several of the episodes have been transcribed and complied into two books:
- Philosophy Bites has twenty-five of the series' best interviews.
- Philosophy Bites Back has philosophers discuss the ideas and works of some of the most important thinkers in history.
- Slattery, Luke (14 May 2011). "A window on the big questions". The Australian. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Colls, Tom (17 September 2010). "Philosophy under fire". BBC News. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- philosophybites tweet: "Downloads of Philosophy Bites podcast episodes to date: 12,088,105", 5 December 2011