||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
Phoebe Hemenway Legere is a Multi-Format Artist: she is a composer, soprano, pianist and accordionist; a painter, a poet, and a film maker. Legere has recorded for Mercury Records in England and Epic, Island, Rizzoli, Funtone, ESP Disk and Einstein records in the United States. Légère has released ten CDs of original music. She has appeared on National Public Radio, CBS Sunday Morning, PBS's City Arts, WNYC's Soundcheck, and Charlie Rose. Legere is of Acadian descent through her father.
- Blue Curtain, 2000, Einstein Records
- Children of the Dawn, 2007,(w/Ken Little Hawk) Mysterious Ways
- Last Tango In Bubbleland, 1997, Random Records
- 1000 Kisses,1996, Funtone Records
- Six Flights Up,1995, Funtone Records
- Four Nurses of the Apocalypse, 1995, Mysterious Ways
- Phoebe Legere, 1993, Ripe & Ready/Dead Dog Records
- Marilyn Monroe, 1989 Island Records
- Trust Me, 1986 Epic Records
- The Imaginary Opera, DVD 2008, Einstein Records (Compilation w/Kathy Supove, Oliver Lake)
- Ultra Romantic Parallel Universe, 2009, (with Leo Abrahams) Unrest Cure,Mercury Records
- Blind Pursuits, 2001, (with Jim Staley and Bora Bergman) Einstein Records
- The Common Root of All Organisms, 2007 (w/Morgan Powell + Tone Road Ramblers) Einstein Records
- The Prairie, 2007 (w/Morgan Powell and the Tone Road Ramblers) Einstein Records
- Dark Energy, 2009, (with Eric Mandat and the Tone Road Ramblers) Einstein Records'
- Ooh La La Coq Tail 2010, Mysterious Ways
- Earth Singing World 2010, ESP Disk
- East Village/East Berlin 2013, Mysterious Ways
- 2001 she received a NYSCA grant to write The Queen of New England, an experimental multimedia opera about the Massachusetts Native American Holocaust.
- Her musical, Hello Mrs. President, about the first African American woman president of the United States played four times in New York City. In 1991, the first woman president was played by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame star LaVerne Baker.
- Her musical, Shakespeare and Elizabeth, about the life of Elizabeth l, premiered at Theater for the New City on December 5, 2013.
- Mondo New York (1988)
- The Toxic Avenger Part II (1989)
- The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie (1989)
- King of New York (1990)
- Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. (1991)
- Le Marquis de Slime (1997)
- The Bar Channel (1998)
- Sin City Spectacular (Episode #1.16)
- The Naked Brothers Band (2007) Nickelodeon, Dir. Polly Draper
- New York Times http://www.phoebelegere.com/nytimes.jpg
- Where Magazine http://phoebelegere.com/wheremagazine.jpg
- Tagesspiegel http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/phoebe-legere-deutsche-schmecken-gut/7410448.html
- Processo http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=308752