Arizona Summit Law School
|Arizona Summit Law School|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, USA|
The Arizona Summit Law School, known until 2013 as the Phoenix School of Law, is a for-profit, private law school located in Phoenix, Arizona. Founded in 2005 and accredited by the American Bar Association in 2010, SummitLaw is the only private law school in Phoenix, AZ and asserts to have had a bar pass rate of 100 percent. The school is not affiliated with the similarly named University of Phoenix. SummitLaw is part of the InfiLaw System of independent law schools, which includes Florida Coastal School of Law and Charlotte School of Law, owned by Sterling Partners. The retired Dean of the University of Alabama School of Law, Ken Randall, who has been credited to have raised the rankings and reputation of the school over the last quarter century has since joined InfiLaw.
Employment statistics and rankings
Based on 2013 ABA data, 45.2% of graduates obtained full-time, long term, bar admission required positions (jobs as attorneys), 9 months after graduation.
The school is located in the Phelps Dodge Tower, a 20-story building in downtown Phoenix, occupying the eight top floors (13-20), across from CityScape, at One North Central Avenue.
SummitLaw's mission is based upon three pillars: 1) a student-centered educational experience; 2) supporting programs that allow for professionally prepared graduates; and 3) commitment to underserved communities.
- Clinical Programs: SummitLaw houses a Mediation Clinic and other clinical programs designed to develop and enhance practice skills. Courses are offered in trial and appellate practice, mediation and alternative methods of dispute resolution. Clinical methods are used in various courses throughout the curriculum.
- Externships: SummitLaw offers qualified, upper-level students in good academic standing opportunities to participate in a for-credit externship program. Students attend a classroom component that provides a link between the placement setting and the learning process. A faculty member coordinates and supervises the externship program.
- Mentoring Programs: Each student is assigned a faculty member as their mentor. The faculty member helps to guide the student through their law school experience and form a professional relationship that will carry into their future career.
- Delta Theta Phi, Law Fraternity, International
- Black Law Student Association
- Jewish Law Students Association
- Phi Alpha Delta, International Law Fraternity- Goldwater Chapter
- Hispanic Law Students Association
- Intellectual Property Law Society
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- St. Thomas More Society
- Justice for All
- Juvenile Law Society
- Parents Attending Law School (PALS)
- Public Interest Law Project
- Legal Aid Work for the Protection of Animal Welfare Society (LAWPAWS)
- Student Bar Association
- Night Student Society
- Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA)
- SummitLaw Women's Association
- Federalist Society
- Real Estate Club
- International Law Society
- Moot Court
- Law Review
- Previously ranked in the "4th Tier", the lowest ranking possible, of American Law Schools by U.S. News & World Report. Under U.S. News's new ranking system it is "2nd Tier", which is now all schools that do not rank in the top 100.
- The 2010 Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools shows an employment status of 88.2 percent nine months after graduation and a bar pass rate of nearly 97 percent.
- In 2008, 97 percent of the graduating class passed the Arizona bar exam.
- In 2009, PhoenixLaw was ranked #8 for the "Most Diverse Faculty" in the Princeton Review's "Best 174 Law Schools Rankings".
- In 2010, PhoenixLaw was honored as a Best Value Law School by the National Jurist.
- The 2014 edition of Princeton Review's "The Best 169 Law Schools" features Arizona Summit Law School as top ten "Most Chosen by Older Students".
- Arizona Summit Law School has a median GPA of 3.15 and median LSAT Score of 151.
- "College Navigator - Phoenix School of Law". Nces.ed.gov. 2010-11-06. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Phoenix School of Law: News & Events". Phoenixlaw.edu. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Infilaw Corp. (2012). "Home". Infilaw Corp. Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- Sterling Partners (2011). "Portfolio:InfiLaw". Sterlings Partners. Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- "Arizona Summit Law School: News & Events". InfiLaw. 2014-04-17. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- Rosin, Gary. "Full Rankings: Bar Admission Required, Full-Time, Long Term", The Faculty Lounge, March 30, 2013. Retrieved on February 24, 2014, http://www.thefacultylounge.org/2013/03/-full-rankings-bar-admission-required-full-time-long-term.html. -- For the latest Employment Summary Reports from the American Bar Association, Section of Legal Education, see http://employmentsummary.abaquestionnaire.org/
- "Phoenix School of Law". Phoenixlaw.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Board Members". Phoenix School of Law. 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-12.