Phoenix Towers (China)
|Town or city||Wuhan|
|Construction started||2014 (planned)|
|Height||1 kilometre (3,300 ft)|
|Grounds||7 hectares (17 acres)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Chetwoods Architects|
At 1 kilometre (3,300 ft) high, the towers will be the tallest structure in the world when completed. The towers are being designed by Chetwoods Architects. Completion is planned for 2018 at a cost of GB£1.2 billion.
The Phoenix Towers are being designed by London-based Chetwoods Architects in partnership with HuaYan Group. The project will consist of two buildings, representing the male and female dualistic aspects of Chinese culture. The taller tower, Feng will have about 100 floors for residential living, offices and retail space. The slightly smaller Huang tower will contain "the World's tallest garden". The towers will be constructed on an island in a lake, covering a 7-hectare (17-acre) site.
- O'Connell , Ainsley (June 17, 2014). "Inside China's Plans For The World's Tallest (And Pinkest) Towers". Fast Company. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Zhang, Sarah (June 17, 2014). "The Insane Plan to Build the World's Tallest Towers in a Lake in China". Gizmodo. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Mufson, Beckett (June 16, 2014). "China's Plan For The Tallest Building Ever Could Save The World". Business Insider. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "World's tallest pair of towers unveiled". worldarchitecturenews.com. June 12, 2014. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Grozdanic, Lidija (June 13, 2014). "Phoenix Towers: World's Tallest Pair of Skyscrapers Unveiled for Wuhan, China". Inhabitat. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "The Tallest Building In The World Could Be Built In Wuhan, China". Huffington Post. June 17, 2014. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Phoenix Towers, Wuhan, China". Chetwoods Architects. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- O'Ceallaigh, John (June 18, 2014). "The world's tallest twin towers revealed". Telegraph. Retrieved June 18, 2014.
|This article about a specific building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|