Phoner to Arizona
|"Phoner to Arizona"|
|Single by Gorillaz|
|from the album The Fall|
|Released||24 December 2010|
|Recorded||3 October 2010 in Montreal |
|Gorillaz singles chronology|
"Phoner to Arizona" is the opening track from Gorillaz's fourth studio album The Fall. The song is an instrumental that was recorded entirely on Gorillaz co-founder Damon Albarn's Apple iPad during the American leg of the Escape to Plastic Beach World Tour in October 2010. The "Phoner to Arizona" video - a compilation of footage and images taken from the tour and the phase - was posted on YouTube on 22 December as a way to promote the album.
- "The Fall - Gorillaz". Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- ALEX YOUNG (19 December 2010). "Sample 18 seconds of Gorillaz’s free iPad album, The Fall". News - CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND. Complex Media Network. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- Sean Michaels (10 December 2010). "Gorillaz to release new album free on Christmas Day". guardian.co.uk. Guardian News and Media Limited 2010. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- Amos Barshad (24 December 2010). "The New Gorillaz Single Doesn’t Necessarily Not Sound Like Something Damon Albarn Made on His iPad While on Tour". Vulture. New York Magazine. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- "Gorillaz - Phoner To Arizona". Gorillaz Youtube. Youtube. 22 December 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2010.