Phonethics Mobile Media is an India based character creation and network marketing company that creates short form video animation content based on unique character properties. The company has around 20 characters currently.
Phonethics was launched by Saurabh Gupta in February 2006. It produces content that reaches consumers over mobile and Internet platforms and helps generate diversified revenue streams. Phonethics owns IP rights on all its content.
Phonethics started producing TVC’s & Corporate Video on commission basis from 1999 under the corporate name 'Ethics'. Some early campaigns included:
- Masti condoms - explored the father–son relationship, a first for the product category, and laid emphasis on protection against HIV/AIDS and unwanted pregnancy.
- ‘Pearl’ Oral contraceptive pills
- Dupont ‘Avaunt’ (35mm) – 60 seconds
- Honda Eterno Scooters (16mm) – 20 secs x 2
- Three spots of ten seconds each were designed to generate awareness and facilitate response to a national helpline, on AIDS. These were telecast on various satellite channels around the ‘World AIDS Day’, 2000 .
- Universal – Socho Kabhi music video
- Hyundai Accent CRDi launch film
- Hyundai Accent VIVA launch film
- Hyundai Motor India (Manufacturing plant at Chennai and marketing offices) launch film
Phonethics started producing character centric Short form content for all screen sizes in 2006 and was one of the first to do so in India. These characters were derived from varied aspects of Indian culture and represented different content verticals. Characters like Mian Fekoo with his counterpart Furmaoo Jaan brought poetry and fun while Indiyeah Singh was a Sikh with a sense of humor and penchant for trivia related to discoveries and inventions by Indians. Blogs like Bai Malai and characters like Madhuri, a dancing eunuch, were supported with viral videos which became a big hit across video sharing websites like Metacafe, Revver  and YouTube.
As of now, Phonethics Mobile Media has more than 20 character properties with over 100 minutes of content. Apart from having their own content across internet and mobile these characters are also increasingly being licensed by brands looking to tap into their fan base or friends network.
Phonethics is also involved in social media optimization via an elaborate set-up involving Community Managers, search engine optimisation, and both fictional and non-fictional Characters. Often it involves building and promoting a Branded Destination Virally in these and other social networks.
- Scripting, Direction and Production of over 100 T.V commercials and other advertising related media for brands like Honda Scooters, DuPont, Hyundai motors, Usha brita, Masti condoms, Haldiram chips, Mehrasons Jewellers & Mother Dairy.
- Public service films on ‘Campaign on Violence against women’ that was appreciated across India and among people working closely on the issue internationally.
Ctrl + Alt + Del
In 2005, the company produced ‘Ctrl + Alt + Del’, a short film in English with actors Rahul Bose and Shernaz Patel in lead roles. The film was selected at various international film festivals including:
- Palm Beach International Film Festival, Florida
- The Atlanta Film Festival 
- ReelHeART International Film Festival, Ontario, Canada.
-  Business Standard
- videos and viewcounts on Metacafe
- videos and viewcounts on revver
- videos and viewcounts on YouTube
-  Listing of 'Ctrl+alt+del' on the Official Website of the Atlanta Film Festival
-  ReelHeart Screening of 'Ctrl+alt+del' on thursday June 22nd
-  Hindu
- Indian Express
- The Hindu
- Money Control
- Brand Reporter