|No. of locations||London and Paris|
|Founder(s)||Graham Hobson and Mark Chapman|
|Managing director||Sebastien Rohart|
|Industry||Online photo printing|
|Products||Prints, Canvas, Photobooks|
PhotoBox is an online photo printing company, founded in 2000 by Graham Hobson. In 2006, PhotoBox merged with French counterpart Photoways and later, in July 2011, PhotoBox merged with personalised card company Moonpig creating the ‘PhotoBox Group’.
In 2013, the Group introduced two new additions to its portfolio, StickyGram, an online print brand that focuses on Instagram based photo products and PaperShaker a brand dedicated to invitations and announcement cards
In 2012/13, the PhotoBox Group recorded a growth of over 16%.
Fundraising and acquisition
The company is majority owned by private equity firms Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Quilvest Ventures, Greenspring Associates and Highland Capital Partners. In July 2011, PhotoBox paid up to £120million to acquire greeting card company Moonpig, and in June 2013 PhotoBox acquired StickyGram.
- 2005: The Independent Top 50 Online Sites
- 2005: Computer Buyer Best Buy Award
- 2006: Emerging Retailer of the Year at the Retail Week Awards
- 2006: eSuperbrand status
- 2010: CMI Top 50 Call Centres
- 2010: Which? Best Buy for Photo Prints
- 2010: Gartner and 1to1 Media CRM Excellence Award for Customer Experience
- 2011: CMI Top 50 Call Centres
- 2011: Practical Photography & Digital Photo Gear of the Year award for Best Photo Finishing Service
- 2012: CMI Top 50 Call Centres
- 2013: A&B Digital Partnership Award Winners for Facebritain
- "Consumer Photo Printing Market Report 2013". Futuresource-consulting.com. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "BBC News - Photobox announces merger with Moonpig.com". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Press Release". Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Moonpig.com acquired by PhotoBox in 120m deal". PrintWeek. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Printing site PhotoBox snaps up London-based Instagram firm | City A.M". City A.M. 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2013-12-16.