PhotoScape version 3.6.2
|Initial release||May 28, 2008|
|Stable release||3.6.5 / July 5, 2013|
|Platform||Microsoft Windows Mac|
|Available in||Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Nederlands, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian Cyrillic, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
PhotoScape is a graphics editing program, developed by MOOII Tech, Korea. The basic concept of PhotoScape is 'easy and fun', so that allows users to easily edit photographs taken from their digital cameras or even mobile phones. PhotoScape provides a simple user interface to perform common photo enhancements including color adjustment, cutting, resizing, printing and GIF animation. Photoscape operates in Microsoft Windows systems and Mac. It is not available in Linux systems. Its default languages are English and Korean, with additional language packages available for download.
Version 3.6 is the current stable release. However, older versions are still available for the sake of Windows 98 or Me users. It is distributed free of charge for all users including commercial bodies.
PhotoScape can perform tasks of:
- Photo Viewer: Browse and organize photos.
- Photo Editor: Enhance and balance color, resize, add effects and clip-arts.
- Photo Batch-Editor: Process multiple photos at once, rename multiple photos at once.
- Page Creator: joins multiple photos into poster-like single page or into one final photo.
- GIF Animation: Make multiple images into GIF-animated image.
- Featured Printer: Print photos for particular occasions, such as Passport photo, or lined page such as graph, calendar or music paper.
- Screen Capture: Save monitor screen into an image file.
- Color Picker: Pick color from screen pixel.
- RAW Converter: Convert RAW format picture into JPEG format.
- Face Finder: Find similar faces through internet.
|Version||Release date||Significant changes|
|3.1||May 28, 2008||Initial release|
|3.2||October 9, 2008||Many new options and supports +19 languages|
|3.3||January 5, 2009||Many new options, adjustments, tools and supports +23 languages|
|3.4||August 28, 2009||Many new options, adjustments, supports netbook resolutions (1024×600) and supports +27 languages|
|3.5||May 24, 2010||Adjustments, new tools, stop supportings Windows 95, 98 and Me, start support Windows 7, Vista and supports +34 languages|
|3.6||December 21, 2011||New options, adjustments and supports +37 languages|
|3.6.1||February 28, 2012||Adjustments, new tools|
|3.6.2||April 23, 2012||Adjustments, support RAW files|
|3.6.3||December 27, 2012||Adjustments and new functions|
|3.6.4||June 25, 2013||Adjustments, new tools and functions, JPEG quality option improved|
|3.6.5||July 5, 2013||Bug fixes for Sharpen, Blur and Bloom filters, Blur Brush upgraded|
- Photoscape, PC World, Nov 16, 2010
- Luke Alessi (2012-12-09). "Programmi per Modificare Foto Gratis – I Migliori". Tutto Tech. Retrieved 2013-01-06. (Italian)
- Sue Chastain. "PhotoScape for Windows Free Photo Editor Review". About.com. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Change Log". PhotoScape Official Website. Retrieved 2013-01-06.