Photochemistry and Photobiology
|Photochemistry and Photobiology|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Jean Cadet|
Photochemistry and Photobiology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes original research papers, rapid communications, research notes, technical notes, invited articles, and reviews covering photochemistry and photobiology. These topics relate to the interaction of light with living systems, the resulting biological reactions, related chemical and physical processes, and the relation of these to medicine and other disciplines.
The journal's name was decided in Copenhagen at the 1960 International Congress on Photobiology. The journal has been published since 1962, originally by Pergamon Press (Oxford) under the direction of Robert Maxwell. Maxwell personally agreed to give the journal to the American Society for Photobiology (ASP), soon after its formation in 1972, and it has been the Society's official journal ever since.
In 1986, the 38th Council of the ASP established a committee to investigate the proposal that the European Society for Photobiology (ESP) share the operation of P&P with the ASP. Financial and contractual problems prevented agreement and, instead, ESP contracted with Elsevier leading to the publication of the Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology in 1987.
Abstracting and indexing
Photochemistry and Photobiology is abstracted and indexed in Academic Search, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, CAB HEALTH, CABDirect, Chemical Abstracts Service, CSA Biological Sciences Database, Current Contents/Life Sciences, GeoRef, Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed, ProQuest Health & Medical Complete, Proquest Medical Library, and the Science Citation Index.
- Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology
- Photodermatology, Photoimmunology and Photomedicine
- Smith, Kendric C. (1982). "History of the American Society for Photobiology (ASP). The First 10 Years and Before." (PDF). Photochemistry and Photobiology 35: 597–614. doi:10.1111/j.1751-1097.1982.tb02618.x.
- "Past Issues of Photochemistry and Photobiology". Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- Kendric C. Smith (1997). "Reflections on the 25th Anniversary of the American Society for Photobiology (1972-1997)". Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- "American Society for Photobiology - Publications". Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- Jagger, John (1990). "American Society for Photobiology (ASP) History: 1983-1987" (PDF). Photochemistry and Photobiology 52 (4): 925–933. doi:10.1111/j.1751-1097.1990.tb08704.x.
- Alison Buckholtz (2001). "SPARC ignites scholarly debate". Retrieved 10 January 2010.