|Stable release||7.0 / October 22, 2013|
|Preview release||7.0 EAP / July 10, 2013|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
PhpStorm is built on IntelliJ IDEA, which is written in Java. Users can extend the IDE by installing plugins created for the IntelliJ Platform or write their own plugins.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)|
- PhpStorm provides a rich code editor for PHP with syntax highlighting, extended code formatting configuration, on-the-fly error checking, and code completion.
- PHP 5.3, 5.4 & 5.5 support, including traits, closures, class member access on instantiation, short array syntax, array dereferencing on function call, binary literals, expressions in static calls, etc. It can be used for both modern and legacy PHP-based projects.
- Code autocompletion finalizes classes, methods, variable names, and PHP keywords, plus commonly used names for fields and variables depending on their type.
- Coding style Support (PSR1/PSR2, Drupal, Symfony2, Zend).
- PHPDoc support. The IDE provides code completion suggestions based on @property, @method and @var annotations.
- Duplicated Code Detector.
- PHP Code Sniffer (phpcs) that checks for code smells on the fly.
- Refactorings (Rename, Introduce Variable, Introduce Constant, Introduce Field, Inline Variable).
- Smarty and Twig templates editing (Syntax errors highlighting; Smarty functions and attributes completion; automatic insertion of paired braces, quotes and closing tags; and more).
- MVC view for Symfony2 and Yii frameworks.
- PHAR support.
- SQL and databases support (live database schema refactoring, generation of schema migration scripts, export query result to file or clipboard, editing of stored procedures, etc.).
- Remote deployment over FTP, SFTP, FTPS etc. with automatic synchronization.
- Version control systems integration (Git (including specific GitHub features), Subversion, Mercurial, Perforce, CVS, TFS) allowing you to perform actions (commit, merge, diff, etc) right from the IDE.
- Local History (tracks any changes in the code locally).
- PHP UML (UML class diagrams for PHP code with refactorings invoked right from the diagram).
- Phing support (autocompletion, checks standard tags, properties, target names, path attribute values in build files).
- Issue tracker integration.
- Support for Vagrant, SSH console & remote tools
- Google App Engine for PHP Support
Debugging and testing
- Easy-to-configure visual debugger (Xdebug, Zend Debugger) for inspecting context-relevant local variables and user-defined watches, including arrays and complex objects, and editing values on the fly.
- Scripts can be profiled right from PhpStorm with either XDebug or Zend Debugger. An aggregated report is available, and the user can jump from the execution statistics directly to the function in PHP code.
- PHPUnit tests can be developed in PhpStorm and run instantly from a directory, file or class using the context menu options) with code coverage.
- HTML5 support.
- Live Edit: changes in the code can be immediately viewed in the browser without reloading the page.
- CSS/SASS/SCSS/LESS support (code completion, error highlighting, validation, etc.).
- Zen Coding.
- Code navigation and usages search (Go to declaration/symbol, Find Usages).
- ECMAScript Harmony Support.
IntelliJ IDEA PHP support
The Ultimate Edition of JetBrains polyglot IDE IntelliJ IDEA supports the same functionality as PhpStorm by plugins.
Licensing and updates policy
PhpStorm license is permanent and includes one year of free product upgrades since the purchase date, including major version upgrades.
The following types of licenses are available for PhpStorm:
- Personal License (paid, for individual developers)
- Commercial License (paid, for companies and organisations)
- Academic License (paid, for students and teachers)
- Classroom License (free, for trainers and educational institutions)
- Open Source Project License (free, for open source projects)
- Erez Zukerman (2012-01-19). "PhpStorm Review". PC Advisor. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- Darryl K. Taft (2012-09-13). "JetBrains PhpStorm 5.0 Provides New PHP Framework Support". Eweek. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- Adrian Bridgwater (2012-09-18). "JetBrains PhpStorm 5.0 Aligns To Symfony2 and Yii". Dr.Dobbs. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "PhpStorm vs WebStorm".
- "Which IDE do I need?". PhpStorm FAQ. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Bruno Skvorc (2012-08-13). "PhpStorm – Review and Give Away". PHP Master. Retrieved 2013-02-19.