From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Phylacteries)
|Look up phylacteries or phylactery in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Phylactery may refer to:
- An amulet or charm, worn for its magical or supernatural power
- A speech scroll in mediaeval art, which contains or represents speech
- An object used by a lich to contain its soul and protect it from death, common in fantasy games
- A vial of a mage's blood, used to track the mage in the game Dragon Age
- in alchemy an object enchanted to contain one's soul to achieve immortality.
- English name for Tefillin, a pair of small, black, leather boxes containing scrolls of parchment inscribed with verses from the Torah, which are worn by observant Jews during weekday morning prayers
- Phylactery Factory, the second album by American singer-songwriter Casey Dienel, but the first under the White Hinterland name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.