From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up phylacteries or phylactery in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Phylactery may refer to:
- An amulet or charm, worn for its magical or supernatural power
- A speech scroll in mediaeval art, which contains or represents speech
- Tefillin, boxes containing Torah (bible) verses worn by some Jews when praying
- An object used by a lich to contain its soul and protect it from death, common in fantasy games
- A vial of a mage's blood, used to track a mage in the video game series Dragon Age
- In alchemy, an object enchanted to contain one's soul in order to achieve immortality.
- Phylactery Factory, the second album by American singer-songwriter Casey Dienel, but the first under the White Hinterland name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Phylactery.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.