From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|Phyllis C. Borzi|
|Assistant Secretary for Employee Benefits Security|
Phyllis C. Borzi is the Obama administration's Assistant Secretary for Employee Benefits Security of the United States Department of Labor, the official in charge of the Employee Benefits Security Administration.  
- Ladycliff College in Highland Falls, New York
- M.A. English, Syracuse University
- J.D. Catholic University
- Research professor in the Department of Health Policy at George Washington University Medical Center’s School of Public Health and Health Services.
- Counsel with the Washington, D.C. law firm of O’Donoghue & O’Donoghue LLP, specializing in ERISA and other legal issues affecting employee benefit plan
- In 2008, appointed by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and served as a public member of the Administrative Committee for the Goodyear retiree health trust
- From 1979 to 1995, Borzi served as pension and employee benefit counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives, Subcommittee on Labor-Management Relations of the Committee on Education and Labor.
- In 1993, she served on working groups with the Clinton Task Force on Health Care Reform.
- Charter member and former President of the American College of Employee Benefit Counsel and served on its Board of Governors from 2000-2008
- Former member and former co-chair of the Advisory Board of the BNA Pension & Benefits Reporter;
- Former member of the Advisory Committee of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Former member of the Advisory Board of the Pension Research Council, The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania;
- Former member of the Board of the Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER).
- "Organization Chart/Regional and District EBSA Offices", U.S. Department of Labor.
- "Lifting the fog: Face to Face with Phyllis C. Borzi," (Pensions & Investments)