March 16, 1924 |
|Alma mater||University of Toronto
University of Ottawa
|Notable work(s)||Elusive Subject - A Biographer's Life, 1999|
Born in Toronto, Ontario, she received a Bachelor of Arts degree, honours English from the University of Toronto and a Master of Arts degree from the University of Ottawa. In 1962, she obtained her doctorate from the University of London and also received a Doctor of Letters from University of Trinity College.
She is a professor emeritus at the University of Toronto.
She was previously married to Robert Grosskurth, and Mavor Moore from 1968 to 1978. She is currently married to Robert McMullan.
- Byron: The Flawed Angel (1997)
- The Secret Ring: Freud's Inner Circle and the Politics of Psychoanalysis (1991)
- Melanie Klein: Her World and Her Work (1986), winner of the 1986 Governor General's Awards
- Havelock Ellis: A Biography (1980)
- John Addington Symonds: A Biography (1964), winner of the 1964 Governor General's Awards
- "The Writers' Union of Canada profile". Retrieved December 30, 2005.
- "Canadian Who's Who 1997 entry". University of Toronto Press. Retrieved November 18, 2007.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|