Type of site
|Owner||Omicron Technology Limited|
|Created by||Staff writers|
|Launched||March 26, 2004|
Phys.org is a science, research and technology news website specializing in the hard science subjects of physics, space and earth science, biology, chemistry, electronics, nanotechnology and technology in general. It is known[according to whom?] for timely updates of scientific breakthroughs and press releases from major research labs and universities across the world. The site also publishes daily reports, blogs and exclusive comprehensive articles on new peer-reviewed scientific papers. It also runs the websites MedicalxPress and TechXplore, which feature medical and technological news stories, respectively.
The site was founded in March 2004, by two Ph.D. students who wanted a science news service for informed and educated readers. In 2005 it was purchased by, and as of 2008[update] is the registered property of, Omicron Technology Limited, Douglas, Isle Of Man.
In 2009, Quantcast listed it as a top 1,800 site with 880,000+ U.S. people visiting per month and this being 57% of all visitors. It said the site is popular among a more educated, older, male audience. Trends Updates named PhysOrg amongst the Top 25 Technology Blogs for 2008.
In April 2012, (formerly known as) Physorg.com moved to its current domain, phys.org.
- Phys.org's Reports Accessed January 2012
- Phys.org's Features Accessed January 2012
- Whois Record for Phys.org.com Accessed July 2008
- "About PhysOrg.com". help/about-us. Physorg. 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "At PhysOrg.com Science News Website, Users Determine Site Organization". Nanotechnology Now. 7th Wave, Inc. July 19, 2008. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- Quantcast review of Phys.org website at November 2012. Accessed November 2012.
- Trends Updates Top 25 Technology Blogs for 2008 Accessed January 2009.