Piano Sonata in A minor, D 845 (Schubert)
A minor. Sonata form (second theme in C major).
II. Andante poco moto
C major. Theme and variations.
(The first variation is not exact, as 4 measures are missing after measure 43 that would correspond to measures 20–23 of the theme.)
III. Scherzo: Allegro vivace - Trio: Un poco più lento
A minor - A major. Trio in F major.
IV. Rondo: Allegro vivace
A minor. Sonata-rondo (second theme in E minor - E major).
Daniel Coren has discussed the nature of the recapitulation in the first movement of this sonata.
- Tania Halban (2 September 2013). "Schubert’s Sonata Form: analysis of Schubert’s A minor Piano Sonata D.845". Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- Gould, John (Winter 2005). "What Did They Play?: The Changing Repertoire of the Piano Recital from the Beginnings to 1980". The Musical Times (Musical Times Publications Ltd.) 146 (1893): 61–76. doi:10.2307/30044125. JSTOR 30044125.
- Coren, Daniel (1974). "Ambiguity in Schubert's Recapitulations". The Musical Quarterly LX (4): 568–582. doi:10.1093/mq/LX.4.568. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Piano Sonata D.845: Free scores at the International Music Score Library Project
- Performance by Seymour Lipkin from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in MP3 format
|This article about a sonata is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|Piano sonatas (2 hands) by Franz Schubert|
Sonata in A minor (D. 784)
|AGA, Series 10 (15 sonatas)
Sonata in A major (D. 664)
Sonata in C major (D. 840)
|21 Sonatas numbering system
Sonata in D major (D. 850)
|23 Sonatas numbering system