Coordinates: 43°46′22″N 11°15′21″E / 43.772876°N 11.255798°E
360° view between Baptisterium and Cathedral
South view from Giotto's bell
Piazza del Duomo (English: "Cathedral Square") is located in the heart of the historic center of Florence, (Tuscany - Italy). It is one of the most visited places in Europe and the world; here we can find the Florence Cathedral with the Cupola del Brunelleschi, the Giotto's Campanile, the Florence Baptistery, the Loggia del Bigallo, the Opera del Duomo Museum, and the Arcivescovile and Canonici's palace. The west zone of this square is called San Giovanni square.
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral: Is the fourth church of Europe by size, its length is 153 m (501.97 ft) and its height is 116 m (380.58 ft).
- Giotto's Bell Tower: Standing adjacent the Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore and the Baptistery of St. John, the tower is one of the showpieces of the Florentine Gothic architecture with its design by Giotto, its rich sculptural decorations and the polychrome marble encrustations.
- Baptistery of St. John: The octagonal Baptistery stands across from the Duomo cathedral and the Giotto bell tower (Campanile di Giotto). It is one of the oldest buildings in the city, built between 1059 and 1128. The architecture is in Florentine Romanesque style.
- Museo dell'Opera del Duomo: in front of the Florence Cathedral, it commit to the conservation of the Dome and other art works. It store great masterpiece of Michelangelo, Donatello, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Luca della Robbia, Arnolfo di Cambio and many others.
- Loggia del Bigallo
- Venerabile Arciconfraternita della Misericordia
- Palazzo dei Canonici
- Palazzo Strozzi di Mantova
- Torrini Museum
- Palazzo Arcivescovile
- Torre dei Marignolli
- Opera di San Giovanni
- San Zanobi Column, beside the Baptistery.