From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up picayune in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A picayune is an obsolete Spanish coin.
As the coin was of little value, picayune also came to mean "trivial" or "of little value".
Picayune may also refer to:
- The Times-Picayune, a daily newspaper published in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- The Bloom Picayune, a fictional newspaper appearing in the Bloom County cartoon strip
- Picayune, Mississippi, a city in the southern United States
- Picayune Strand State Forest, a protected area near Naples, Florida, United States
- John "Picayune" Butler, an influential black entertainer who lived in 19th century New Orleans
- Picayune cigarettes, a strong-tasting now-defunct brand previously marketed by Liggett & Myers
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.