Gagnon in 2009
July 25, 2005 |
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Other names||Pierce Ganon|
After his film debut The Crazies, Gagnon played Logan Evans in season 9 of the CW drama One Tree Hill. In January 2011, he was cast in the 2012 action thriller film Looper as Cid Harrington, a child who has unusual telekinetic abilities and becomes a warlord, called the "Rainmaker". His performance in the film was appreciated by fans and critics alike. The director of Looper, Rian Johnson said: "Looking back I'm kind of terrified that I hinged the success of the backend of the movie on finding someone like Pierce. It's really rare to find a kid who can do what he does. He would do three-page dialogue scenes with Emily and Joe and hold his own against them all the way through."
Joseph Gordon-Levitt said of Gagnon: "I loved working with Pierce. I was an actor when I was that age and not as good as he was. But I am of the belief that kids are as capable, if not more so, of being stellar actors because they are kind of closer to that uninhibited place base where we all start. He's just phenomenal. I never treated him like a kid when we were working. When we weren't working, when we were having lunch or whatever, then it was more like he was just a normal kid -- we would wrestle around and go on adventures. But when we were working, I just treated him like any other colleague, like any other good actor that I was working with, and I think he really appreciated that. Because I remember when I was a kid working on sets, I liked it when people wouldn't talk down to me. I figured that I have to do this job just as well as everyone else has to do the job so why are you treating me like a kid? I think I did my best work when those around me understood that, so I didn't want to treat him like a kid. And it's also worth mentioning his mom, because she was doing a fantastic job and she reminded me a lot of my mom."
After voicing Tiago in Rio 2, the sequel to the 2011 film Rio, Gagnon played Tucker Bloom, the son of Aidan (Zach Braff) and Sarah (Kate Hudson) in Wish I Was Here. He currently stars in the CBS sci-fi drama series Extant, as Ethan Woods, the android son of Molly (Halle Berry).
|2010||The Crazies||Distraught Son|
|2014||Wish I Was Here||Tucker Bloom|
|2014||A Merry Friggin' Christmas||Douglas|
|2012||One Tree Hill||Logan Evans||7 episodes|
|2014–present||Extant||Ethan Woods||13 episodes|
|2015||The Thundermans||Stevie||Episode: "The Amazing Rat Race"|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a Feature Film - Supporting Young Actor Ten and Under||Looper||Nominated|
- "Pierce Gagnon - CBS Press Express". CBS Press Express.
- "FilmWeb - Pierce Gagnon profile". Film Web.
- "Steele Gagnon at the Internet Movie Database". IMDb.
- "The Crazies (2010) - Full Cast & Crew". IMDb.
- "One Tree Hill (TV Series 2003–2012) - Full Cast & Crew". IMDb.
- "Looper (2012) at the Internet Movie Database". IMDb.
- "Director Rian Johnson on Looper's True Meaning". Time.
- "Joseph Gordon-Levitt, 'Looper' Actor, On Impersonating Bruce Willis, Being A Child Actor And 'Lincoln'". Movie Fone.
- "Full Voice Cast Announced for Rio 2". Coming Soon. February 22, 2013.
- "'Looper's Pierce Gagnon Joins 'Wish I Was Here,' 'Solace' Adds Janine Turner". Deadline. July 9, 2013.
- "'Looper' Lad Lands in Halle Berry's 'Extant' for CBS". Variety. October 22, 2013.