Pierce Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Pierce Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Clermont County.
|• Total||22.9 sq mi (59.2 km2)|
|• Land||22.7 sq mi (58.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||537.4/sq mi (207.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085869|
Pierce Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 12,226 people in the township, 10,321 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
- Union Township - north
- Batavia Township - northeast
- Monroe Township - southeast
- Ohio Township - south
- Anderson Township, Hamilton County - northwest
Campbell County, Kentucky lies across the Ohio River to the southwest.
Name and history
It is the only Pierce Township statewide.
Pierce Township was established in 1853.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Clermont County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- "Welcome to Pierce Township!". Pierce Township, Clermont County, Ohio. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.