||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)
Pierre Antoine Louis Havet (6 January 1849 – 26 January 1925) was a French latinist and Hellenist, an expert on classical Greek and Latin poetry.
He was professor at Collège de France, where in 1885-1925 he was chairman of the department of Latin philology. Since 1893 he was member of the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres. In 1917 he became the first vice-president of the Association Guillaume Budé.
He was member of the central committee of the Ligue des droits de l'homme ("Human Rightl League"), which defended Alfred Dreyfus in the Dreyfus affair.
- Manuel de critique verbale appliquée aux textes latins (1867)
- Cours élémentaire de métrique grecque et latine (1886)
- La Prose métrique de Symmaque et les origines métriques du Cursus (1892) Text online
- Amphitruo (Amphitryon, by Plautus) ed. L. Havet (1895) Text online
- Manuel de critique verbale appliquée aux textes latins (1911)
- Notes critiques sur le texte de Festus (1914) Text online
- Notes critiques sur l'Orator et sur Isée (1927) Text online